You could save up to £283*
*51% of consumers could save £283.97 on their Car Insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next five cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website. This is based on representative cost savings from August 2020 data. The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances and how you selected your current insurance supplier.
It makes sense, the best way to buy car insurance online is to shop around, compare quotes and enjoy the savings. Remember, don’t auto-renew. Over a third of motorists still allow their car insurance policy to be automatically renewed and they could be losing out by not shopping around.
We think comparing car insurance online should be simple. Whether you want to beat your current provider’s renewal quote or insure a new vehicle, our quick, easy price comparison service could help you find a cheaper car insurance deal.
Increase your excess to save more; Insurers are likely to reduce the cost of cover if you increase your voluntary excess. Just make sure your excess you state is affordable to you in case something happens.
Why buy car insurance online?
Car insurance can provide you with cover if you’re involved in a car accident or if your car suffers malicious damage. It’s also a legal requirement if you own or drive a car, unless you declare the vehicle off-road (SORN) and keep it on private property.
If your car is involved in an accident, car insurance could provide cover for:
- Injuries to you or other people
- Damage to your car
- Damage to another vehicle
- Property damage
Car insurance could also cover you if your car is damaged by malicious intent, fire, attempted theft, or if it’s stolen.
Always read the small print from car insurance companies UK wide because not all policies offer the same cover. Make sure you’re happy with any exclusions or limitations.
If you’re caught without car insurance, you could be fined a minimum of £300 and given six penalty points. If you end up in court, you might be given an unlimited fine and disqualified from driving.
There are three main types of car insurance policy to choose from:
- Third party car insurance – is the minimum level of cover you need to drive on UK roads. It only covers the cost of compensating other people for injury or damage you cause. It doesn’t provide you with any financial help for injury or repairs to your vehicle.
- Third party, fire and theft – covers the cost of damage or injury to third parties but it could also give you compensation if your car is damaged due to fire or theft or if it is stolen.
- Comprehensive car insurance – includes all the cover of a third party fire and theft policy, but could also protects you as a driver and may pay out for damage to your car. It could also include compensation for a number of things such as medical treatment, legal expenses and accidental damage
Third Party cover only won't cover you in the event that your car is stolen. In 2013, 96% of all car insurance policies were under comprehensive cover, with non-comprehensive policies covering the remaining 4%. (according to ABI.org.uk).
A typical car insurance policy lasts for 12 months and will need to be renewed each year. Your insurance might automatically renew when it’s about to expire, so remember to come back to BestPriceFS.co.uk to get insurance with the lowest commission rates to save you money.
Car insurance is always a balance between cover and price. There’s no way to choose until you see what the different options will cost you – then you can weigh up the cover you get against the cost of the premiums.
The price you pay will depend on all kinds of things, including your age, occupation, driving experience, the car you drive and how you use your car.
Don’t assume that a third party policy is the cheaper option simply because it offers the minimum level of cover.
Paying an annual lump sum for car insurance is usually cheaper than paying monthly. A monthly payment plan could mean you pay more for your car insurance as you might be charged interest on the instalments.
You could save up to £264
*51% of consumers could save £264.64 on their car insurance. The saving was calculated by comparing the cheapest price found with the average of the next four cheapest prices quoted by insurance providers on Seopa Ltd’s insurance comparison website (based on representative cost savings data for November 2019). The savings you could achieve are dependent on your individual circumstances.
Breakdown cover - just in case you find yourself broken down.
Motor Legal Protection to minimise the expense and inconvenience of an accident.
Motor excess protection to reimburse the excess paid on any claim for malicious damage, accidental damage, fire, theft or attempted theft.
Gap Insurance: a supplementary insurance that protects you financially when your new or nearly new vehicle is written off.